Struggling to recover from the miserable winter? You’re not alone! Luckily, Josie Feria, Director of Operations at Lapis Spa at Fontainebleau Miami Beach knows how to utilize the hottest new beauty product from head to toe – the best part is you don’t have to look further than your nearest grocery store or spend a lot of money on it. So pick up a jar of coconut oil and follow Josie’s 11 expert tips below and your body will be ready for spring in no time!
1.Intensive Treatment for Dry Hair: work into wet hair, cover with a shower cap and leave on for up to 30 minutes; rinse and shampoo as usual.
2. Stimulate Hair Growth: massage into scalp.
3. Fight Frizz: use a small amount in your hair for instant control.
4. Face: use as makeup remover, including eyes.
5. Lips: use in place of lip balm.
6. Cuticles: massage into cuticles to eliminate dryness and stimulate nail growth.
7. Body Moisturizer: use as you would a normal body lotion for overall treatment, focusing especially on dry elbows.
8. Body Scrub: mix with sea or rock salt and exfoliate (mix with sugar for sensitive skin).
9. Prevent Stretch Marks: apply to skin daily to avoid scarring during pregnancy.
10. Soothing Balm: apply to skin irritated by poison ivy, oak or sumac.
11. Feet: rub on feet to hydrate and condition skin; fights athlete’s foot and low level fungus.
Love this list! I will be doing both the dry hair and hair growth treatments this weekend.
Marcie W. recently posted..Smartway – A Stand Up Solution
That is definitely a tasty alternative to lip gloss!
Coconut oil is AMAZING! It can be used for so many different things.
Paula @ Frosted Fingers recently posted..#40BagsIn40Days Challenge Wrapup
I can’t keep stocked up enough on coconut oil. It’s amazing!
Donna recently posted..Zarbee’s Naturals for Seasonal Congestion Relief #sponsored
My cuticles are horribly dry. I’m going to try this on mine and it’s bound to help!
Liz Mays recently posted..Spring Cleaning the Bedroom #NaturesSleep
I love these! I have a jar and have only been using on my face. I will try my feet and fingers today!
Anne – Mommy Has to Work recently posted..Why Buy It – When You Can Win It! #giveaways #win
I knew coconut oil was good but I learned quite a few new things here, thanks!
Theresa @ Faith and Family Reviews recently posted..Men and Their Toys – Wordless Wednesday
I did not know you could use coconut oil as a makeup remover! That’s good news as I always have coconut oil in my pantry…I don’t always have makeup remover in my bathroom, LOL 🙂 !
Tammy recently posted..A Dozen Cookies for $4 and a Wish With Wings to Make That Deal Even Sweeter
Wow so many ways to use Coconut Oil, who knew!! I am gonna have to try it to remove makeup and my try on hair!!
Kelsey Apley recently posted..Olive Garden: Kids Eat Free with Purchase of Adult Entree’ (4/24 Only)
I think I need to try this for the hair growth aspect!
I had no idea there were so many uses for coconut oil! And I’ve just been using it for cooking, lol.
Sheri recently posted..72 Hour Flash Giveaway! P&G Prize Pack! #PGMom #CleanWater