My family and I have been a victim of bullying, threats, and stalking throughout this summer by our neighbor: Kenneth Wayne Branson (Newburgh, Indiana). There practically hasn’t been a day without our neighbor causing issues. I later found out that he has a history of doing this to other people, including another neighbor and her daughter. He tried to bait this particular neighbor to come out to the road to fight him. She called the police on him. It all started with his daughter. His daughter and my daughter would have squabbles over trivial things, which is normal for kids at that age. Things started escalating to where she started making racial slurs against my oldest son. My husband had suggested to Kenny that maybe it was better for them not to hang out. Kenny agreed and we thought everything was fine until his daughter started bullying my daughter – even attempting to hit her. I caught her making fun of my daughter and youngest son.
As any concerned parent would do in that situation, I thought I’d try to nip things in the bud by telling him about it. He tried gaslighting me and calling me derogatory names. Needless to say, things were blown way out of proportion! After that, Kenny took the opportunity to start bullying my daughter and encouraged his daughter to bully my daughter even more. He has growled, stomped his feet, and taken video footage of my daughter, her friends as well as me, and other family members with his cell phone – without any rhyme or reason; made threats to her, saying that he was going to handcuff her. This is just a mere sampling of the trouble he has caused my family this summer and it doesn’t seem like it’s going to end since the Warrick County Sherriff’s Office simply doesn’t care.
My daughter can’t be outside without him harassing her. He even brandished a butcher knife and made stabbing motions at her and my 5-year-old son. My family and I were getting ready to go grocery shopping and I was in the midst of looking for my phone when my daughter told me what Kenny was doing. When I looked up, he quickly hid the knife, brought out a tennis racquet, and started swinging wildly – in his yard. My children were scared and they had every reason to be. Even though we decided that weren’t going to go grocery shopping, we still left and called the police before heading back home. We wanted the police to be there before we headed back. When we arrived, Kenny concocted a story that I tasered his daughter.
1. I don’t own a taser.
2. I wouldn’t use any item meant for self-defense on a child.
3. His daughter wasn’t outside when we were leaving to get groceries – just Kenny and a butcher knife + tennis racquet
Kenny backtracked on his story in court in August and said that he only heard a taser.
Kenny Branson also told our previous neighbors (they have been evicted) this. Later on that day, he called the police (again) and claimed that my sister hit him. He retracted his story and said that I was the one that hit him. However, he told the court a different story and said that my mom hit him. There’s a major difference between our appearances and names. He just wanted to call the police on my family for no reason. The next day, Kenneth Branson and our former neighbors conspired to come up with an ambush plan. A couple of videos that I shared with police officers and the court (we filed an order of protection) of our former neighbors coming from his place to mine to attempt to bait me into an altercation – twice.
This contradicts his statement in court when he said that he didn’t have anything to do with it. Not only they had come from his duplex, but he shortly walked over the premises when they started making false accusations, calling me derogatory names, and trying to bait me to fight them. My security camera showed that he was lingering on my property and it appeared that he was filming while this was taking place. My children and I were home alone at the time and my daughter was scared. I felt like I was unable to fully tell my story without getting blamed for their behavior in the process.
Shortly after my husband got off from work, my mother-in-law came down to pick up the children to help get them out of that situation. As my husband was helping to escort his mother and our children to her car, my mother-in-law noticed that Kenny was recording them with his phone. My mother-in-law felt threatened and decided to take a quick picture of him just in case he tried to do something to any of us. Kenny proceeded to talk trash to her and her names, such as, “Come on, old woman.” She began to leave, but at that point, Joseph Sharp, Heather Barnett, and Blake Kensell all arrived from hiding out. They practically ambushed my mother-in-law, husband, and kids. They even started using racial slurs against my family (my children and I are multi-racial) and tried to bait them into a fight. At one point, Kenny grabbed his genitals and told my 71-year-old mother-in-law to suck his d*ck.
It wasn’t before long that police arrived – again. Many of them were the same as the earlier situation. One of the officers (Justin Osha) tried to make it about Kenny’s daughter, saying that maybe she didn’t have any friends and needed some friends. I’m not sure what this had to do with anything since this didn’t concern Kenny’s daughter at this point. Justin Osha made it sound like we needed to make amends with Kenny. When I tried to explain to him that this didn’t concern Kenny’s daughter, Sgt. Matt Liddle screamed at me, told me to shut up, and listen to his officers. He said that it was obvious that I didn’t want to let things go. Um, what?
Later on that day, my sister and my nephews came to visit me. Appearing to be amped up and higher than ever, Kenny Branson, Joseph Sharp, Heather Barnett, and Blake Kensell were all in Kenny’s yard when my sister and nephews were about to leave. Heather said out loudly, “I’ve never seen so many black people.” My sister told her not to talk to her or her sons. Kenny proceeds to call the police for this particular reason as no incident even occurred. This resulted in one of my nephews getting handcuffed by Sgt. Kyle Tevault for not showing his ID right away.
Meanwhile, the officers never asked the others across the street for their ID nor were they even handcuffed. Let’s talk about discrimination! We know everyone from that group had priors. Sgt. Kyle Tevault took the handcuffs off my nephew after at least 15 minutes, and then he later gave us an hour of excuses – without apologizing to my nephew. He refused to apologize to my nephew and said that he was just doing his job. It was very clear that Tevault knew that he was in the wrong. One of the officers refused to get involved since he didn’t seem to agree with my nephew getting handcuffed. Tevault gave me the outdated “sticks and stones” rhetoric when he was informed about all of the racial slurs that we were called. Words do hurt and can cause years of damage. I must note that my sister has dealt with a racist police officer for years as well, including intimidation, harassment, false arrest, and racial profiling. She clearly hasn’t the only woman of color to go through this with this particular officer (not Tevault), because similar stories were told after he forcibly resigned from his post after a 5-day suspension from the police commission a few summers ago.
I understand that not all officers are like this. Some people become officers because they want to actually make the world a better place, but then there are others that have ulterior motives. The latter should be held accountable for their actions by the legal system. This will continue as long as the good officers continue to stand with the bad officers instead of standing with us on this matter.
My former neighbors, one of their brothers (Joseph Sharp), and his friend (Connor Ridenbaugh) ended up getting charged later that day for other things that occurred that day. Ironically, Kenny never got charged.
As much as he has gotten away with things this past summer, we have come to the conclusion that he’s either an informant or that he has buddies within the police force. I assume the former before the latter since it doesn’t seem like anyone truly likes him. We never had any issues with our former neighbors (Heather Barnett and Blake Kensell) prior to that. Heather previously expressed her distrust of Kenny. Once she started having financial issues and was unable to pay her rent, I noticed her mindset shifted when started hanging with him. I assumed that he was giving her money here and there since Heather and her boyfriend Blake don’t work. I also felt like drugs were at play based on their behavior and unkempt appearances.
These issues at hand no longer concern children squabbling over trivial things, but an adult man who doesn’t know how to control his own behavior. All he has ever done this summer is bullied, harassed, stalked, and tried different forms of intimidation against my family, including filming us, whether we’re walking to the car or taking out the trash. I can never have guests without him causing issues with them. However, he prefers for others to do his “dirty” work for him, such as former neighbors, for example. Therefore, things will not fall back on him and he can have others take full responsibility.
One night in the latter part of July, our security cameras went off several times at 4 in the morning and we caught her Kenny stalking outside my 10-year-old daughter’s bedroom window. The camera didn’t capture the person fully since it was indoors at the time, but I saw Kenny standing outside the window when I peeked out the blinds. Interestingly, I wasn’t able to make any phone calls except to my mom for a very brief moment. I asked her to call 911 since Kenny seemed to be jamming the signals with a cell phone jammer. Thankfully, my husband was able to get through. The officers that arrived weren’t much help.
When they went to his house, he pretended that he was asleep yet somehow was able to quickly answer the door. He showed them footage from his camera and said that no one was in front of my daughter’s window. He most likely deleted the footage and showed different footage. Otherwise, the footage would have shown that there was a person there. When this was brought up in court for the first time, Kenny was flabbergasted. He didn’t have much of an answer. The second time it was brought up during court on another date, he said that it was a black cat that was probably trying to knock the camera down. The thing is cats aren’t at least 5’11”, wear basketball shorts, and jam cell phones. He mostly likely manipulated footage, because this black cat that he was talking about didn’t start making an appearance until a few weeks after this incident. Every time the cat made an appearance, he was running, not trying to knock down a camera.
In a nutshell, Kenny Branson has the traits of a narcissist. Anyone that condones this behavior has to be on the same level as he is on. The police have come here several times yet nothing was ever done since he’d turn around and make himself look like the victim. Our security camera has caught plenty of footage of him just standing outside leering at our house.
He is very rude in calling children names as well as videotaping children and adults, mostly women, without their consent. To me, it’s a violation of privacy that has caused my family a lot of emotional distress. Kenny loves starting issues with neighbors but is quick to call the police and put accusations against others. He seems to be seeking superiority with his lies and threats, but as soon as the police arrive, he shows a double standard. And, when one reacts, it’s the other person’s fault, and he says he/she is in need of help. He’s one of the most immature blame shifters that I have ever seen, and full of nothing but excuses and justifications for behavior.
– During the early part of August, Kenny’s daughter called my daughter’s friend via Google Duo, pretending to be my daughter and saying that her mom wants to speak to her. Little did she know, that her face and phone number were revealed during the call.
– Our next door neighbor’s son was outside with a friend and apparently, Kenny was filming them, and the boy asked him to stop.
– On August 10th, the first day of school, my daughter and her friend were walking home after their bus dropped them off. Kenny and his daughter were driving back home, Kenny proceeded to wave and then flipped them off.
– On August 11th, his daughter spread rumors around his school that my family tried to shoot her. She also blamed her dental issues on us. I brought everything to the attention of my daughter’s school as well as her bus driver, explaining everything that my family has gone through with Kenny and his daughter. They’re well aware of the situation, but Kenzie constantly follows my daughter around at school, especially during recess.
– On August 19th, his daughter begged my daughter to be her friend again. She told my daughter that she needed help and no longer wants to live with her dad since he touches her. This wouldn’t be the first time that his daughter told my daughter as well as others about this. My daughter’s friend wouldn’t doubt this story since she said that he touched her rear when she spent the night with his daughter once, and that he spent most of the night looking at her.
– On September 6th, Kenny crossed the street just to bend down and light up his lighter (twice) behind my mother-in-law’s car. He proceeded to stand up and smoke behind her car for a couple of minutes and slowly made his way back to his house.
– On September 15th, Kenny told my mom f*ck you as she was getting my son in her vehicle to take him to school. Kenny’s daughter offered my daughter and her friend gum at school. My daughter said that it had a chemical odor and that she turned it down. However, one of Kenzie’s (Kenny’s daughter) friends accepted it, got sick shortly after that, and started throwing up. I believe that this is one of the cases in that Kenny uses his daughter to try to get back at my daughter and her friend. That night, he started in on my husband and was bragging about how he gets away with everything, including tampering with our mail. He also made a lot of vulgar comments, including that my husband needs to suck my d*ck. This is the low mentality that we’re dealing with here. In addition, it appeared that he was swinging a flail or something similar in the air and talked about taking my husband’s kneecaps out. When police were called, all they said was that he had every right to say whatever he want as long as he was in his yard.
– As of today, there has been a warrant out for Heather’s arrest since August 15th for other priors. She and her boyfriend didn’t appear in court for the charges in regards to the Branson case and there will most likely be another warrant. Heather’s brother Joseph was arrested earlier this month for other charges but will be appearing in court, later on, this month in regards to the Branson issue. However, why isn’t Kenny being charged for anything, once again? Even the lieutenant said that the video that Kenny showed the officers incriminated him.
– On September 16th, it shows on my camera that is outside lingering. He checks his mailbox at least twice and then about the 2:50 mark in the video, he crosses the street to check the mailboxes that are part of my complex. Not only he admitted to tampering with our mail recently, but I caught him in the act of checking mailboxes that didn’t belong to him. Last week, we discovered a swarm of ants (and maggots) where someone had placed food in our mailbox.
There have been so many things that have happened, but these are the most glaring issues that we have had with Kenny Branson.