As the kids head back to school and the temperatures begin to cool, it’s the perfect time to get back to baking! Start the school year off on a sweet note with some festive fall recipes from In The Raw® using Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag.
· Stevia In The Raw® is a zero-calorie sweetener, perfect for any baking and cooking needs.
· It contains an extract from the sweet leaves of the stevia plant.
· Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag measures cup for cup with sugar so it can easily be used in recipes to reduce sugar and calories with no conversion necessary.
· Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag is formulated so that 1 cup has the same sweetness as 1 cup of sugar.
· When using Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag for baking recipes, it is recommended that the user replace about half of the sugar in order to achieve the proper browning, rising and caramelizing that only sugar can provide.
· These festively fall recipes featuring Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag are the perfect way to get back-to-baking and celebrate a sweet new school year.
· More than 700 calories are saved for every cup of sugar that is swapped out for Stevia In The Raw®.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) cold butter, cut into pieces
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1/4 cup Stevia In The Raw®
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl of a food processor fitted with blade attachment combine flour, brown sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon. Pulse until well combined. Add butter slowly, pulsing between additions, until pea-sized pieces form. Press 1/2 of the mixture in an ungreased 9-inch springform pan; set remaining mixture aside.
- Place apples, Stevia In The Raw®, cornstarch and remaining 1 tsp. cinnamon in a large bowl; stir to combine. Place apples in prepared springform pan. Evenly sprinkle the remaining mixture over apples.
- Place springform pan on baking sheet with sides. Bake 60 to 70 minutes until top is golden. Remove from oven. Run knife around the edge of pan; let cake cool completely. Remove springform ring just before serving.
Per Serving: 590 calories, 34g fat (22g saturated fat, 0g trans fat), 70g carbohydrates, 4g protein, 4g dietary fiber, 5mg sodium, 37g sugars