Bloomington, Indiana is a charming city known for its vibrant arts scene, picturesque nature, and lively college town atmosphere. There are plenty of things to do in Bloomington, Indiana! Here’s a travel guide to help you plan your visit.
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit Bloomington is in the fall, from September to November, when the weather is mild and the colorful foliage is at its peak. Spring, from March to May, is also a great time to visit, as the city comes alive with blooming flowers and outdoor events.
Things to Do:
1. Indiana University – Take a stroll through the beautiful campus of Indiana University, known for its stunning architecture and rich history.
2. Monroe Lake – Enjoy a day of boating, fishing, and hiking at the scenic Monroe Lake, located just a few miles outside of town.
3. Brown County State Park – Explore the breathtaking natural beauty of the Brown County State Park with its rolling hills, trails, and wildlife.
4. Bloomington Farmers Market – Visit the Bloomington Farmers Market for fresh produce, homemade goods, and live music on Saturday mornings.
5. Tibetan Mongolian Buddhist Cultural Center – Discover the unique culture and spirituality of Tibet and Mongolia at this peaceful center.
Places to Eat:
1. Uptown Cafe – Uptown Cafe serves up delicious breakfast and lunch dishes in a cozy atmosphere.
2. Lennie’s – Enjoy locally brewed beer and flavorful pub fare at Lennie’s.
3. Osteria Rago – Savor authentic Italian cuisine at Osteria Rago! Each dish is created with grandmother-style cooking that is comforting, delicious, and served simply in a rustic environment.
4. Village Deli – A popular spot for breakfast and lunch, Village Deli serves up hearty sandwiches and classic diner fare.
5. Turkuaz Cafe – This is a cozy spot that offers traditional Turkish dishes and coffee, plus a small Mediterranean grocery.
Places to Stay:
1. The Graduate Bloomington – This stylish hotel, located in the heart of downtown Bloomington, offers comfortable rooms, a rooftop bar, and a fun collegiate theme.
2. Hyatt Place Bloomington – Enjoy modern amenities and spacious rooms at the Hyatt Place Bloomington, located just a few blocks from Indiana University.
3. Showers Inn – Stay in this beautifully restored historic inn, located within walking distance of downtown Bloomington and Indiana University.
4. The Grant Street Inn – Experience the charm of a Victorian-era bed and breakfast at The Grant Street Inn, featuring cozy rooms and a delicious breakfast.
5. Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington – For a home away from home experience, stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington, which offers spacious suites with kitchens and a complimentary breakfast.
Bloomington is a walkable city, but if you need transportation, there are several options available, including Uber, Lyft, taxis, and rental cars.
There you have it – a quick and easy travel guide to Bloomington, Indiana. Enjoy your visit!