Massel Bouillon and Seasoning compensated me and provided me with products to use in the recipes; however, the opinions I share in this post are my own.
Maybe I am in the minority, but I don’t believe soup recipes should go into hibernation since the weather is steadily warming up. Therefore, I’m debunking popular belief that soup is reserved for the cooler months since I have made one of the most delicious soups yet, thanks to Massel. The Moroccan Red Pepper Soup with Chickpeas is light and healthy with a harmonious combination of cumin, paprika, and coriander. It is perfect for the warmer weather! As it doesn’t get any better, this soup is suitable for vegetarians and vegans alike. It is also all natural, gluten-free, free of MSG, free of preservatives, trans fat-free, low carb, and kosher.
The original recipe calls for Massel chicken style broth, but I used the Massel Concentrated Vegetable Liquid Stock instead. It is just a matter of taste preference, but keep in mind both are vegan. The chicken style broth just has a chicken-like flavor, but the ingredients aren’t derived from animal byproducts in the least. I’m so accustomed to buying broth in bulky containers, so it is a breath of air that these broths come in pouches. And don’t let the size fool you, each pouch can make 2 quarts of broth by diluting them with water!
I also blended everything, including the chickpeas, to give the soup a lighter texture opposed to more of a heartier one if I hadn’t blended the chickpeas. I prefer lighter textures in soups, especially during the spring and summer, since I get bloated so easily!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon, smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon, cumin
- 1 teaspoon, ground coriander
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 cups, Massel chicken style broth
- 2 red peppers, cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- Heat up olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. When onion is translucent, add paprika, cumin, coriander and cook until heated.
- Add stock, carrots, and red pepper and simmer until peppers and carrots are tender. Approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Blend with emulsion blender or place in blender until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chickpeas and heat through.
Garnishment isn’t required (I just love garnishments!), but I topped mine with Brad’s Raw Kale Chips in Pina Kale Ada Coconut & Pineapple, giving it an even more delicious flavor!
Connect with Massel Bouillon and Seasoning
Where to Buy
Use this store locator to see which store(s) within your vicinity that sells Massel gluten-free bouillon and seasoning granules. You can also buy Massel at Vegan Essentials, The Gluten-Free Mall, Lucky Vitamin, and Amazon.