Arcopédico is a high-quality women’s comfort shoe brand specializing in lightweight, anatomically-designed, arch- and circulation-supporting shoes that are hand-made in Portugal. The company was founded in Portugal in 1966 by Elio Parodi, inventor of the original knit shoe. Simco Imported Shoes, Inc. became the sole U.S. distributor of Arcopédico shoes in 1983 after Manuel and Virginia Simas discovered the shoes on a trip to Portugal. Their sons Dan and Doug Simas now run the company.
Arcopédico Footwear can be purchased at independent shoe retailers throughout the U.S. or at Zappos.com.
I’m known to wear heels practically everywhere I go, but I have been wearing flats more and more for the past few months to give my feet a much needed break. My feet cried in rejoice the moment I slipped on their woven-inspired R10 slip-on flats ($124; Available in Black or Camel) from the Lisbon Collection, because they’re utterly, utterly, utterly comfortable! Although casual and functional, they don’t come across as being utilitarian in the least. I made sure to pack them in my luggage for a recent trip, because I knew I would be doing a lot of walking and sight-seeing, and these flats most certainly did not disappoint for all of the walking I did.
These flats are also versatile as they are fashion-worthy. The “R10” flats can easily be worn from casual wear, such as skinny jeans or leggings to the office. Flats may not be alluring and transformational as heels, yet they will always be timeless, effortlessly chic, and comfortable!
• Lytech® upper with a unique pattern for added visual appeal.
• Lytech® is a stylish and comfortable blend of Lycra® and polyurethane that is water resistant, breathable, and also vegan friendly.
• The Lytech® material stretches and gently forms to the foot making it ideal for “problem” feet.
• Slip-on allows easy on-and-off wear.
• Generously padded footbed massages the foot with each and every step.
• Polyester lining enhances inner warmth and breathability.
• Rubber outsole delivers durable traction on a variety of surfaces.
Arcopedico Footwear is keeping their best foot-forward with their comfortable, yet on-trend collection, which offers boots, slippers, flats, and clogs. My notable favorites are the Liana ($179; Black), Felly ($129; Gray), L39 ($99; Gray Metallic), R7 ($115; Brown), and L31D ($175; Brown).
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.