Decadent cakes like the this Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake will make a statement in your home and will be remembered for years to come! Plus, you’ll get an unbelievable response from family and friends when you make great recipes. Now is the time to get a jump on your holiday preparations so you can enjoy a no-stress holiday season.
Caramel is usually associated with candy apples, especially during the autumnal season. I love caramel apples, but hardly anything beats caramel cake with caramel frosting! This is saying a lot since I’m really not a cake person. Caramel cake is lush and rich in flavor as well in texture. It is also effortlessly easy to make!
Today, I’m sharing my favorite Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake recipe. This cake will prove irresistible to kids and grown-ups alike. You’ll just need to stock up on plenty of butter, eggs, all-purpose flour, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and milk.
- 1 ½ cups of softened butter
- 2 cups of packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 8 oz. bag of caramel bits (toffee bits will suffice)
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- Frosting Ingredients
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1?4 cup + 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease and dust with flour a 12-cup bundt pan. I used all-vegetable shortening.
- Beat butter until you have a creamy consistency.
- Add light brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until fluffy while adding eggs one at a time.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl.
- Add flour mix to batter alternately with milk, beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in caramel bits and pecans.
- Spoon batter into pan and bake 85 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cover cake with aluminum foil while baking.
- When done, cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
- Frosting Directions:
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Add brown sugar and milk. Bring to boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Beat confectioners sugar into butter, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla extract mixture until the consistency is smooth.
- Frost on the top and sides of the cake with icing.
- I sprinkled chop pecans on top of the cake.
This makes the perfect cake recipe for the autumnal season!