Stop Googling your symptoms! Seriously. Even though most of us are apt to seek out medical advice from Dr. Google due to its convenience, it’s not a certified and reliable doctor – a certified quack, if anything! Dr. Google is like a so-called friend that you turn to for advice, yet they make you feel worse instead of better more often than not. Unlike Google, there’s a free app called GreatCall Urgent Care that’s both reliable and has access to certified nurses and physicians with a touch of a button. It also features a medical symptom checker tool that enables you to research your symptoms. The app can be downloaded via iTunes and Google Play.
The Full Deets: GreatCall Urgent Care App
• Have one-touch access to a live nurse for advice 24/7, who can escalate the call to a board-certified physician if needed.
• Get health-related assessments, general health information, diagnosis or even a prescription.
• Have access to an easy-to-understand medical dictionary.
It’s particularly convenient to use this tool when:
• You simply don’t have time to run to the doctor.
• You need medical advice when your physician or Urgent Care is closed or unavailable.
• You don’t feel totally comfortable discussing your symptoms in person with your normal doctor.
• You want to save money. (The app is free, and calls are only $3.99. Much less expensive than a doctor’s bill or co-pay!).
• You have a quick on-set of symptoms.
Prize(s): One winner will receive a $25 iTunes gift card.
The giveaway will conclude on December 13th.