My summer was one of the busiest summers yet, and I thought it would wind down once my son started school last month. Yet, between chasing an almost 15 months old, helping my son with homework, and working, my schedule seems to be busier than ever. Although cooking is sometimes the last thing on my mind, I think it’s important to have dinner together as a family, despite the seemingly non-stop busyness. One of the quickest, yet heartiness meals to fix are casseroles. The less ingredients, the better!
Earlier this year, I fixed a meatless taco casserole with crumbles that resembled and tasted like meat, and it was surprisingly a hit with even the pickiest eater in my family, which would be my son. I thought I’d fix it with Doritos this time around, and I found it to be just as good as using regular corn chips, if not better.
1 Package of MorningStar Farms Grillers Recipe Crumbles
1 Package of Taco Seasoning ( 1 ¼ ounce)
2 Cups of Shredded Cheese, Divided – I prefer Daiya’s vegan shredded cheese.
1 Cup of Salsa
1 Onion, Chopped (Optional)
2 Cups of Doritos (crushed or chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare MorningStar Farms crumbles according to package directions, add taco seasoning, and add an adequate amount of water.
2. Place Doritos (crushed or chopped) in the bottom of a 8×8″ dish.
3. Mix 1 cup of salsa, 1 cup of shredded cheese . Then, pour mixture on top of the Doritos.
4. Add the MorningStar Farms crumbles on top of the mixture.
5. Sprinkle the remainder of the shredded cheese on top.
6. Sprinkle the chopped onions over the shredded cheese.
7. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is sufficiently melted.
What is your favorite casserole?