Actress Jaime King from TV’s hit show “Hart of Dixie” debuted her new Sassoon style at the June 4th Vidal Sassoon Pro Series “Show Your Genius” event in New York. Celebrity hairstylist Ben Skervin created a “bob” on Jaime King to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Vidal Sassoon’s iconic bob haircut.
Below please find the “Get the Look,” photos of Jaime’s new Sassoon style, and information on Vidal Sassoon Pro Series “Show Your Genius” contest.
For the Vidal Sassoon Pro Series “Show Your Genius” contest and New York event, Ben Skervin created a chic, modern faux bob on Jaime King – the perfect style to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Vidal Sassoon’s iconic bob haircut. Jaime wore a multicolored Carven dress that showed off her baby bump, along with Saint Laurent shoes which complemented her timeless hairstyle. Here’s how Ben created the look:
• Ben applied Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse to damp hair to give Jaime touchable volume, texture and dimension.
• Then Ben spritzed her hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect and Shine Spray to protect hair from hot styling tools.
• She then flipped her head upside down and Ben rough blow-dried hair until it was 90% dry. Using a multi-bristle brush, he then blow-dried her hair until it was completely dry.
• Then using a 1.5″ barrel curling iron, he created spiral curls throughout Jaime’s hair.
• Ben slightly back-combed the bottom layers of the hair for added volume.
• After that, Ben was ready to create the bob. He gathered hair into a loose, low ponytail and tucked the tail part under, securing with bobby pins.
• Lastly, he sealed Jaime’s look in place with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray.
Vidal Sassoon Pro Series collaborated with Sassoon Salon New York Uptown on June 4th and offered haircuts at the 1963 price of just $7. Jaime was the first to debut her new Sassoon-inspired look and asked fans, along with event attendees, to submit a selfie of their best hairstyle to the “Show Your Genius” Facebook contest for a chance to win.