Mother’s Day is around the corner. What does mom want (aside from a spa day)? A family photo where everyone is looking in the same direction and smiling! As a mother of two myself, I find it impossible to take a photo of my kids where they both look at the camera.
1. Play Dress Up: There is nothing more fun than playing dress up. Get them excited by dressing up!
2. Become a Story Teller: Children have a wonderful imagination. If you’re outdoors look for sticks or leaves to begin to tell a story. They’ll become so enthralled in the story that they will forget the camera is even there.
3. Learn How to Pan with Camera: Panning is a technique where you actually move the camera with the child. As your child moves, so do you, and you are snapping photos along the way. You might have to turn off your autofocus.
4. Turn on the Music & Dance: Every toddler loves to dance! It will get them excited and focused on dancing instead of the photo you are trying to capture.
5. Enlist the Help of Your Husband, Wife or Friend: The key to great photos with stubborn toddlers is distraction! If you can get someone to hold or tickle them right before you take the shot, you can capture some fun-loving photographs.