I was a month shy away of being 21 years old when my first child was born, an age that most get to fully venture out and experience the “adult” world. Since I’m mostly a homebody, going out on the weekends never piqued my interest. So I was able to quickly go into full mom mode without feeling like my young social life was being hindered. Being a freshly young, single mother wasn’t the easiest job in the mother, though.
Like many mothers, I’ve made several parenting mistakes. It’s inevitable, especially for a first time mother. While it’s often said that it’s okay to make a mistake as long as you don’t let history repeat itself, but the biggest mistake is dwelling on them and not enjoying life. As parent of two, I’m still learning something new every day!
• Cherish every moment, even the most mundane, because children grow up fast!
• Capture those memories by taking pictures, pictures, and pictures! There’s no such thing as too many pictures.
• Get plenty of rest when you’re pregnant, because you’ll regret it once the baby is born, especially during those first few months!
• Take a nap when the baby is napping.
• Don’t forget the significant other’s existence! Make sure to at least have a date night once a week or every other week, even if means staying at home and cuddling on the couch and watching a movie or playing Scrabble.
• It’s usually not recommended to start an exercise routine right away, because your body is in the process of healing. Just take this time to eat healthy or healthier, especially if you’re breastfeeding.
As an experienced and savvy mom, I’ve learned to juggle multiple things at once, and do it well!
Share your tips below and the first 350 to reply will receive Comforts For Baby coupons for products like baby formula and diapers.
Check out Comforts For Baby’s Pinterest page for more tips for moms like you.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Comforts For Baby. The opinions and text are all mine.