Tinseltown is buzzing about the exciting news of Hilary Duff’s pregnancy. Two days ago, the actress and mom-to-be was spotted on her way to a pilates class with a mysterious green drink. That drink is none other than celebrity nutritionist and author of The Beauty Detox Solution: Eat Your Way to Radiant Skin, Renewed Energy and the Body You’ve Always Wanted, Kimberly Snyder’s Glowing Green Smoothie.
Made up of about 70% green vegetables, the Glowing Green Smoothie, packed with minerals and chlorophyll, will keep her body healthy and balanced throughout her pregnancy.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3-4 stalks organic celery
- 1/2 head of a large bunch or 3/4 of a small bunch of spinach
- 1 organic apple, cored and chopped
- 1 organic pear, cored and chopped
- 1 organic banana
- Juice of 1/2 fresh organic lemon
- 1/3 bunch organic cilantro (stems okay)
- 1/3 bunch organic parsley (stems okay)
- Add water and chopped head of romaine to blender. Blend at a low speed until smooth. Add celery, apple, and pear and blend at high speed. Add cilantro and parsley (which help chelate heavy metals out of your body). Finish with banana and lemon.
Kimberly Snyder is a clinical nutritionist and founder of the holistic health company KS 1Life. Snyder has appeared as a nutrition and beauty expert for Good Morning America, EXTRA, E! Entertainment, FOX News, Good Day LA, and been featured in Lucky, ELLE, Nylon, US Weekly, In Touch, and OK! Magazine. Visit her at http://www.kimberlysnyder.net. Check out her blog for exclusive tips on beauty, nutrition, and health.