SAT prep time is now, and a lot of parents are entering full-on panic mode. What should they do about tests, tutors, lessons, practice and scoring?
Online test prep company Knewton is kicking off its SAT Summer Boot Camp today at noon. The intensive month-long program uses the program’s increasingly popular online webinars and SAT prep resources to get high schoolers ready for the big test. The course is free and limited to the first 300 families that sign up. Registration closes July 31. You can even call 1.888.636.5164 to enroll.
The month-long program will feature four different online webinars, on the following topics: developing a calendar of deadlines; determining a target list of schools; budgeting for college costs; and setting a study schedule for the fall. In addition, there will be a series of webinars designed for both students and parents that will focus on the SAT and the college admissions process. Webinars will feature practice tests and “SAT workouts”—quick, high-impact activities to get parents and students alike ready for the grueling college admissions process.
In addition to these free online sessions, all Boot Camp participants will receive:
– A month of Knewton’s customized online SAT classes, streamed live
– Personalized, one-on-one attention from top SAT teachers in every class
– Weekly homework assignments supporting critical SAT concepts covered in class
– Weekly webinars with inside information from college admissions experts
– Free “New Recruit Pack” with tangible goods that will help on test day